Monday 15 June 2015

Game of Thrones Season Finale Review (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!)

All my social media feeds are currently full of really pissed off Game of Thrones fans venting about who died on last night's season finale. Normally, I would also be one of those fans. However, since the internet is dark and full of spoilers (and some cocky book readers), I already knew from several months ago that Jon Snow was going to die.

I tried reading the first book years ago, but I found it tedious and too detailed for my taste. So I didn't continue reading them and just stuck to the TV series. However, there's many book readers on online forums saying things like, "Well, if you didn't want to know the spoiler, then you should have read the books long ago!" So I'm just going to say what every Game of Thrones TV show watcher is thinking right now: We've finally reached a somewhat mutual point in the story line where book readers don't have the opportunity to spoil the story line for the rest of us who haven't read the books!

Can we take a step back, wipe our Jon Snow tears and talk about how awesome Theon Greyjoy was in last night's episode?! There is no doubt, Theon did horrible things. However, I've had a soft spot for him ever since the day his sister tried to rescue him from the Boltons. Since the beginning of season five, all I've really wanted is for Theon to save Sansa, and for the two of them to join forces and kick Ramsey's butt! When Theon pushed that woman off the roof and grabbed Sansa's hand, I had a shred of hope left for the two of them. I was happy to see there is a bit light at the end of Sansa's tunnel and that Theon is the one helping her out of this hellhole.

I find it funny that everyone is causing an uproar about Jon Snow's death but nobody seems to care that Myrcella died (in the arms of her father). The Lannisters are terrible human beings, but did Myrcella really deserve to die? She was completely naïve and innocent in all this craziness. On that note, what did everyone think of Cersei's atonement? I kept reading online, people saying she deserved her punishment and humiliation. But I found that scene extremely cringe worthy and hard to watch. Much to my surprise, I actually felt bad for her. It's interesting how the characters on Game of Thrones are so three dimensional that you start to feel bad for the "villians" and begin to hate the "heroes."

What was up with Drogon mimicking my cat by licking himself and taking a short nap while the people of Mereen were in trouble?! And am I the only one annoyed by the lack of direwolves this season?

I have nothing to say about Arya Stark because quite frankly, that story line is so twisted that it goes over my head and I truly have no idea what's going on there... But I was shocked to see Arya going blind.

People have stated "If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention." The only thing that really shocks me about the story now is that Daenerys and Tyrion have actually made it this far. Since George R. R. Martin loves to kill off beloved characters, here is my little plea for Mr. Martin: We all love Ramsey Bolton. Please protect him and let him survive till the end of the series. Please don't let Theon and Sansa kick his ***! We don't want to see the demise of Ramsey Bolton. ;)

What are your thoughts and opinions about the Game of Thrones season finale and/or the entire season so far?


1 comment:

  1. I agreed with everything ♡♡...Haha I remember wanting Ramsey to die SO much.

    ReplyDelete